Winter School on Programming 2014
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics as a result of a successful six-year performances at domestic and international programming competitions gained the right to host the Winter School programmingin 2014.
The purpose of the Winter School
Providing to Ukrainian and foreign students a capability to demonstrate their mastery in the art of algorithms and programs development at a high international level. Improving the quality of teaching programming and algorithmization in universities, assistance in training highly qualified specialists in the field of programming by encouraging and additional motivation of both students and management of educational institutions.
To achieve our goal it is necessary to solve the following problems:
- formation and selection of qualified teachers who can organize and provide training as coaches and team leaders to students programmers who wish to take part at high level competitions;
- selection and training of the strongest teams to take part in various international student professional competitions;
- organization of experience exchange between students and teachers who are actively working in the field of programming, algorithmization and preparing specialists in new information technologies;
- combining lectures, solving and analysis of author's problems with the actual competitions;
- organization of communication between students and coaches from different cities.
The motto of the Winter SchoolIntellectual capital of Ukraine, Kharkov takes the best programmers of Ukraine and CIS.
Geography of Winter School
Priority is given to teams that s were in the top 10 teams in the All-Ukrainian Student Olympiad on programming or the semi-finals of the World over the past 5 year. In Kharkov, the best young programmers from all over Ukraine and the CIS will be brought together, representing the informational future of our country.
Duration of the Winter School is 11 days. The competition focuses on solving author's problems. It is planned to invite the authors of the best problems from different countries. 1st, 6th and 11th days of the competitions will be organizational; the other 8 days are for competitions. On each competition day winner of the day will be determined by the rules of the founder of international programming competitions - ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), and also the team that submitted the best solution on author's opinion will be determined. The author selects the solution, basing on his own considerations, for example, original, fast, unique, short, beautiful or stubborn decision. Also in each of those days, problems which weren't solved during the main competition will be solved together.